viernes, 2 de marzo de 2012

"Milonga of Donosa" (milonga surera) (south milonga)

                                            "Milonga of Donosa"

                                                                                   (milonga surera)

If I tell you I know you,

  I have to admit I'm lying ...

Damn! ... So much emotion,

  I mixed thoughts ...


Black hair, dark eyes,

  as desert night ...

I choke all words

  when I try to tell you something ...


The light in your eyes,

  I will lose the sky ..

If I see you do not understand ...

Better be sleeping in dream...


I have to play me my letter,

after pass the time ...

Do not be shy thing that,

  I run out of grass or weed ...


I am talkative,

  I find it hard to break the ice.

I always long to "cola'e arriador" ....

And now! ... Is that I tremble ...


If  I  throw a compliment ...

Surely lose a stirrup.

Better cut the wheat,

  when  is "better time" ...


You in the dance on Sunday,

and I will first ...

I'll go with my best "pilchas"

  as a festival of "twenty-five" ...


  I go pray to the Virgin,

 
kneeling like pilgrim ...

Perhaps for good Christian ...

this time... not falling "ass" ...


But if not reciprocated I am ...

voi me but she looks ...

I hate to go through ridiculous ...

the same as "gaucho" on "skate" ...  




"Milonga" =  argentine folk  , of de south of the country, rhythmic beat of two by four.

  "Donosa" = the prettiest

    "pilchas" = harness horse        

    "Cola'e arriador"=whip to herd cows

"Falling ass"= in the play of the "taba" is "luck" or "ass"                                               Daniel H Guasti

1 comentario: